Protection of Personal Information Notice (POPI)
This document is the undertaking of Quantam Insurance Brokers to conform to the POPI act.
The Protection of Personal Information Act of November 2013, more commonly known as the POPI Act, requires us to inform you, our
valued Client, how we use and disclose personal information we obtain from you.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will ensure that your personal information is used appropriately, transparently and
according to applicable law.
- What information we collect:
We collect and process your personal information mainly to provide you with access to the services and products of the providers
with whom we have contractual agreements in place and to help us improve our services to you. The type of information we collect
will depend on the need for which it is collected and will be processed for that specific purpose only.
Where possible, we will inform
you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional. With your consent, we may also supplement
the information that you provide to us with information we receive from other providers in order to offer you a more consistent and
personalised experience in your interactions with us. When you elect to take up offerings from our contracted providers they may also
require additional information from you and they will be subject to the same privacy regulations as we are subject to.
- How we use your information:
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed to with you. This may include:
- Providing products or services to you and to carry out the transaction you requested:
- For underwriting purposes;
- For purposes of claims history;
- Assessing and processing claims;
- Conducting credit reference searches or verification;
- For credit assessment and credit management;
- Confirming and verifying your identity;
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- Conducting market or customer satisfaction research;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- In connection with legal proceedings.
- Providing our services to you, to carry out the services you requested and to maintain andconstantly improve our relationship
- Providing you with communications in respect of Origin Financial Solutions and regulatorymatters that may affect you;
- In connection with and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or when it is otherwiseallowed by law;
- To build a solid database for future reference and offerings that we feel might be beneficial toyour specific financial needs.
- Disclosure of your information:
- We may disclose your personal information to our providers whose services or products you elect to use. We have agreements
in place to ensure that they comply with our privacy terms and conditions.
- We may also share your personal information with, and obtain information about you from third parties for the purposes listed
in 3 above.
- We may also disclose your information where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of applicable legislation, the law or
where it may be necessary to protect our rights.
- Safeguarding your information:
The POPI Act requires us to adequately protect all personal information that we hold and to avoid unauthorised access and use of this
personal information. We will continuously review our security controls and processes to ensure that personal information is secure
If we need to transfer your personal information to another country for processing or storage we will ensure that any party to whom
we pass on your personal information will treat your information with the same level of protection as required from us.
Quantam Insurance Act Page 3
- Your rights to access and correction of your personal information:
You have the right to access your personal information held by us. You also have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete (if and
when allowed by law) your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of
your personal information, or making changes to your personal information and profile.
- Our contact details:
You can contact us at the numbers or addresses listed below and request the information you would like:
Telephone: 0861 333 357
Fax: 086 603 0076
- Changes to this Notice
Please note that we may amend this Notice from time to time. Please check our website periodically to inform yourself of any changes.